Our participation in the defense of our clients extends through appeal.
Our participation in the defense of our clients extends through appeal. Several of our lawyers are admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court. We have substantial experience drafting filings for the U.S. Supreme Court, including petitions for certiorari and amicus curiae briefs as well as drafting appellate briefs and assisting in the preparation for oral argument in other federal and state appellate courts.
We also have worked with industry associations and manufacturers in the filing of amicus briefs in appellate cases. Our attorneys also brief and argue complex matters, such as the protection of trade secrets from discovery, and coordinate extraordinary mandamus relief where necessary, see In re Continental General Tire 979 SW 2d 609 (Tex. 1998).
Other published appellate decisions include:
- Ryan v. General Tire, Inc., 103 F.2d 145, 1996 WL 699727 (10th Cir. 1996)
- Staab v. Uniroyal Goodrich Tire Company, 1994 WL 230634 (W.D. Mo. 1994)
- Mao v. City of Charles Town, 925 F.2d 1457, 1991 WL 18521 (4th Cir., W.Va. 1991)
- Lowe v. National Micrographics Systems of West Virginia, Inc., 183 W.Va. 162, 394 S.E.2d 761 (W.Va. 1990)
- Baker v. Firestone Tire & Rubber Co., 793 F.2d 1196 (11th Cir. 1986)
- U.S.v. Jones, 735 F.2d 785 (4th Cir, W.Va. 1984)
- State v. Steele, 314 S.E.2d 412 (W.Va. 1984)