The Commercial Litigation Group of Moran Reeves & Conn PC is one of the firm’s fastest-growing practice areas.
Our lawyers have extensive knowledge and experience pursuing and defending contract, e-commerce, warranty, business tort, and environmental claims. We have represented plaintiffs and defendants in matters ranging from $16,000 to $89,000,000. We have litigated or helped to resolve internal corporate and partnership disputes. Our commercial litigation lawyers practice routinely in state and federal courts in Virginia and throughout the United States.
In addition, our lawyers have employed Virginia’s strong computer crimes laws, including the Virginia Computer Crimes Act, Va. Code §18.2-152.1 et. seq to pursue spammers and illegal users of corporate intellectual property. We also encourage our clients to pursue alternative means of dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
A representative list of our commercial litigation work follows:
- Obtained judgment exceeding $7,000,000 against a German coal broker in a dispute involving a breach of a coal supply agreement.
- Successfully defended a software company in defense of multiple state court contract disputes.
- Managed and streamlined internal document projects for Fortune 500 company.
- Represented multiple out-of-state corporations in contract and business tort matters in Virginia state and federal courts.
- Successful and creative prosecution of breach of contract claim on first impression issue of successor liability theory.
- Representation of out-of-state corporate entities and individuals in cyber-squatting cases. All in rem matters are litigated in federal courts in Virginia.
- Representation of the largest coal producer in the Appalachians in Virginia state and federal courts and federal courts outside Virginia.
- Serve as registered agent for Virginia and foreign corporate entities.
- Successful defense through jury trial of insurance company in coverage dispute.
- Representation of Bulgarian cigarette producer in commercial dispute brought by Virginia Attorney General in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Successfully defended national retailer in defamation and unlawful prosecution matter brought by former employee.