Careers at Moran Reeves & Conn PC
Moran Reeves & Conn PC is a Martindale AV-rated law firm located in downtown Richmond’s historic Shockoe Slip and has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia for the last two years, as presented by Virginia Business magazine and Best Companies Group.
The firm seeks lawyers and staff who desire to work in an atmosphere of professionalism and camaraderie. MRC’s experienced attorneys are graduates of top law schools and most began their careers at some of the largest firms in the United States. The firm’s staff members also are highly qualified individuals with extensive law firm and corporate experience.
MRC offers an excellent salary and benefits package including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Pension / profit sharing program
- Paid vacations and holidays, including Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving
- A flexible spending plan
- The opportunity to participate in excellent 401(k) plan through VOYA Financial.
MRC provides an exciting work environment with a diversified client base which includes Fortune 500 companies and smaller businesses from many industries. Shareholders of the firm serve as regional and national counsel to several of these clients.
We always welcome applicants who seek a dynamic and collaborative work environment that offers work-life balance. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Michelle Andino at email@example.com.
Consistent with State and Federal law, Moran Reeves & Conn PC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran’s status in its hiring practices. Moran Reeves & Conn PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages minority applications.
We have a new position for an experienced nurse paralegal on our medical malpractice defense litigation team. We seek an RN with in-hospital clinical nursing experience, preferably involving a wide range of practice areas or an academic medical center setting. Prior medical review experience for insurance or legal purposes, healthcare quality, or risk management experience is a plus. Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus. Responsibilities include:
- Organize, review, analyze, and summarize medical records.
- Identify expert witnesses to evaluate the medical care and treatment of the defendant, the ramifications of medical and nursing decisions, and the ultimate damages to the plaintiff/patient.
- Prepare periodic progress reports to the client, expert disclosures, literature designations, witness and exhibit lists, and other narrative documents.
- Conduct research to identify all healthcare providers of the plaintiff/patient.
- Assist with trial preparation by coordinating experts’ trial appearances, facilitating technology assistance, and conducting jury research and follow-up analysis.
- Maintain expert database, including their CVs, fees, HIPAA agreements, and opinions – along with comments regarding the experts’ defensive posture and their degree of responsiveness to the legal process.
- Prepare medical analysis summary reports for attorneys.
- Research medical and nursing literature regarding case issues.
- Assist attorneys with preparation for client meetings and depositions.
- Attendance at trials may be needed, including those that are out-of-town, to facilitate the flow of trial presentations.
- Assist with discovery efforts.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply here.