“Innovation is taking two things that exist and putting them together in a new way.“
When disputes arise in the business world, they can jeopardize the stability, reputation and profitability of your company.
We understand the complex challenges that businesses face when navigating legal conflicts, and we bring our best to the fight. Our team includes seasoned, award-winning commercial litigators who are ranked by The Best Lawyers in America as “Tier 1” in the Metro Richmond area. Lawyers who are comfortable in any forum, anywhere.
Our experience encompasses a wide range of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, UCC and sales litigation, business torts, construction matters, trade secret litigation, unfair competition, real estate disputes, financial institution litigation, intracompany disputes, insurance claims and coverage, and director and officer liability.
We approach each dispute on its own terms. If your goal is to resolve the matter early, we will work with you to reach that goal quickly and efficiently. We will explore arbitration or other alternative dispute options to reach a solution that protects both your interests and your bottom line. But if litigation is inevitable, we will develop and implement a winning strategy through all stages of the dispute – from initial investigation, to document collection and retention, pleadings, discovery, expert witnesses and trial. If an appeal follows, our commercial litigators have the experience to win at that level too, whether in a state or federal appeals court.
- Obtained judgment exceeding $7,000,000 against a German coal broker in a dispute involving a breach of a coal supply agreement.
- Dismissal midway through trial of all breach of contract claims against professional basketball player.
- Summary judgment in breach of contract case for German manufacturer of radioactive sealed sources and award of attorneys’ fees as prevailing party.
- Multimillion-dollar arbitration award for client in arising out of refusal to decommission contaminated manufacturing plant.
- Multiple jury verdicts for construction contractors in disputes alleging defective workmanship.
- Successfully defended a software company in defense of multiple state court contract disputes.
- Managed and streamlined internal document projects for Fortune 500 company.
- Represented multiple out-of-state corporations in contract and business tort matters in Virginia state and federal courts.
- Successful and creative prosecution of breach of contract claim on first impression issue of successor liability theory.
- Representation of out-of-state corporate entities and individuals in cyber-squatting cases. All in rem matters are litigated in federal courts in Virginia.
- Representation of the largest coal producer in the Appalachians in Virginia state and federal courts and federal courts outside Virginia.
- Serve as registered agent for Virginia and foreign corporate entities.
- Successful defense through jury trial of insurance company in coverage dispute.
- Representation of Bulgarian cigarette producer in commercial dispute brought by Virginia Attorney General in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Successfully defended national retailer in defamation and unlawful prosecution matter brought by former employee.